2023 & Cyber Security
by Grant Mossman - Cybersecurity Consultant
As we begin 2023, it's clear that cyber security will continue to be a top priority for individuals, businesses, and governments around the world. With the growing number of connected devices, the increasing sophistication of cyber threats, and the growing dependence on the internet for all aspects of life, it's more important than ever to have a focus on cyber security.
Cyber security in 2023 is likely to continue to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing threat landscape. However, I see a few key areas that I expect to receive attention:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: As the use of AI and machine learning continues to grow in all areas, so too does the need for robust security measures to protect these systems. This includes protecting against malicious attacks that could compromise the integrity of AI systems and preventing the misuse of sensitive data by rogue actors.
- Cloud security: With more and more organizations moving their data and applications to the cloud, securing the cloud will become a top priority. This includes protecting against data breaches, secure data storage and transfer, unauthorized access, and malicious attacks on cloud infrastructure.
- Internet of Things (IoT) security: The surge of connected devices is expected to continue at a rapid pace in the coming years. As such, ensuring the security of these devices and the networks they are connected to should be a top priority. Ensuring the security of these devices will be critical to protecting against cyber-attacks that could compromise sensitive data or disrupt critical infrastructure.
- Identity and access management: As the number of online accounts and services continues to grow, managing and protecting user identities will be critical to preventing cyber-attacks.
- Cybersecurity regulation and compliance: Governments around the world are increasingly implementing cybersecurity regulations to protect citizens and businesses. Organizations will need to ensure they are in compliance with these regulations to avoid fines and legal action.
In conclusion, I think the focus for 2023 is going to be on protecting a wide range of threats that will possibly start leveraging AI and Machine Learning technologies, as well as those that target IoT devices and cloud infrastructure. Its important for organization's to quickly adapt to using these advanced technologies to identify and respond to threats in real-time, protecting critical infrastructure and data, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
Top 5 Benefits of S3 Immutable Data Storage
Leaving aside the technical detail - the top 5 business benefits of S3 Immutable Storage are:
Hackers beware, cybersecurity is evolving
Our cybersecurity consultant Grant Mossman attended the show and here shares his insight into what we can expect in the digital landscape of tomorrow, and how Sure Business can help...
Immutable S3 Data Storage – What’s all the Fuss About?
Tamper proof data storage for cloud and on-premise IT systems.S3 is a highly secure, scalable, reliable, and affordable storage and archiving solution that’s simple to use, accessible from anywhere, and compatible with cloud based and on-premise IT systems.